How to start in bug bounty

Hello everyone , I need help How to start in bug bounty

The first thing I should know software languages or
I gonna start with website hack one to learn about and please please I need the methods how?

Hello! If you’re interested in getting started in bug bounty, here are a few steps you can take:

1. Learn the basics of web technologies: Before diving into bug bounty, it’s important to understand how websites and web applications work. You should have a good understanding of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and HTTP.

2. Learn about common vulnerabilities: You should learn about common web vulnerabilities such as Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), SQL Injection, Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF), and others. There are many online resources available to help you learn about these vulnerabilities, such as OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) and PortSwigger Web Security Academy.

3. Choose a bug bounty platform: There are several bug bounty platforms available, such as HackerOne, Bugcrowd, and Synack. Choose a platform that fits your skills and interests.

4. Start with the basics: When you’re just getting started, it’s a good idea to focus on the basics. Look for vulnerabilities such as XSS and IDOR in websites that you use regularly and they have a bug bounty program. Use various tools such as Burp Suite, Amass, Subfinder, Katana, and Nuclei, among others, to aid in the process of identifying vulnerabilities.

5. Keep learning: Bug bounty is a constantly evolving field, so it’s important to keep learning and improving your skills. Participate in online communities, read blogs and write-ups, and attend conferences and events.

Good luck!

2 Likes
  1. Learn The Basics Such As Networking Basics, Programming Basics,Linux Basics, Web Basics (How Web Works , HTTP works etc )
  2. After Clearing Basics, Search On Google What To Do Next : )

Note : Don’t Ask How to do that, How to do this, don’t ask those types of questions. Just google it and read from the first page to the last page you will get the idea. If you are stuck with any tool then create an issue on their GitHub repo or read the docs properly. If you are still stuck ask them in public places like Tweet about it or Ask on Discord groups.

(Google Is Your Best Friend In Your Whole bug bounty carrier)
3. Create A Twitter Account And Follow BB Hunters

It’s important not to follow tips from random bug bounty hunters, as there are many fake tips and posts circulating. Some individuals may even use tools like inspect element to manipulate bounty submissions, making it difficult to distinguish between real and fake information.
Best Tip

don’t believe me in my words believe me in my work!

1 Like